This concert opened with a message from the three remaining members of Queen in tribute to Mercury. The music then commenced with short sets from bands that were influenced by the music of Queen, including Metallica, Extreme (playing a Queen medley), Def Leppard (who brought Brian May onstage for a faithful version of "Now I'm Here"), and Guns N' Roses. Between bands, several video clips honoring Freddie Mercury were shown, while the roadies changed the stage for the following act's performance.
The second half of the concert featured the three remaining Queen members - John Deacon (on bass), Brian May (on guitar) and Roger Taylor (on drums) - along with guest singers and guitarists, including Elton John, Roger Daltrey (of The Who), Tony Iommi (of Black Sabbath), David Bowie, Mick Ronson (of Spiders from Mars), James Hetfield (of Metallica), George Michael, Seal, Paul Young, Annie Lennox, Lisa Stansfield, Robert Plant (of Led Zeppelin), Joe Elliott and Phil Collen (of Def Leppard), Axl Rose and Slash (of Guns N' Roses), Liza Minnelli, and others. This was the second high-profile project with both Elton John and George Michael in as many years; the year before, they did a live reworking of John's song "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me". Via satellite from Sacramento, California, U2 dedicated a live performance of "Until the End of the World" to Mercury. I believe this is sourced from the Laser disk version of the show and may be the most complete version available, with a running time of 173 minutes about 7/10 in quality and containing the highly sought after EXTREME footage. Tracks contained are as follows:
- Metallica - "Enter Sandman", "Sad But True", "Nothing Else Matters"
- Extreme - Queen Medley
- Def Leppard - "Now I'm Here" (w/Brian May)
- Guns N' Roses - "Paradise City", "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
- Elizabeth Taylor - AIDS Prevention Speech
- Freddie Mercury - compilation of various interactions with the audience
- Queen + Joe Elliott/Slash - "Tie Your Mother Down"
- Queen + Roger Daltrey/Tony Iommi - "I Want It All"
- Queen + Gary Cherone/Tony Iommi - "Hammer to Fall"
- Queen + James Hetfield/Tony Iommi - "Stone Cold Crazy "
- Queen + Robert Plant - "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"
- Brian May with Spike Edney - "Too Much Love Will Kill You"
- Queen + Paul Young - "Radio Ga Ga"
- Queen + Seal - "Who Wants to Live Forever"
- Queen + Lisa Stansfield - "I Want to Break Free"
- Queen + David Bowie/Annie Lennox - "Under Pressure"
- Queen + Ian Hunter/David Bowie/Mick Ronson/Joe Elliot/Phil Collen - "All The Young Dudes"
- Queen + David Bowie/Mick Ronson - "Heroes"
- Queen + George Michael - "'39"
- Queen + George Michael/Lisa Stansfield - "These Are the Days of Our Lives"
- Queen + George Michael - "Somebody to Love"
- Queen + Elton John/Axl Rose - "Bohemian Rhapsody"
- Queen + Elton John/Tony Iommi - "The Show Must Go On"
- Queen + Axl Rose - "We Will Rock You"
- Queen + Liza Minnelli/Cast - "We Are the Champions"
- Queen – “God Save the Queen” (taped outro)
This region-free DVD-R is in NTSC format and will play on most Gaming consoles and DVD Players made since 2000, and comes in a FULL SIZE DVD case, with cover art and track listing.
US First class shipping is FREE! US Priority shipping on this item is $4.00. International shipping is $5.00. If NO international shipping is paid, DVD will be sent without hard case, cover art will still be included
Credit card payment or Money order ships next day. Personal check ships in 7 days.